Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Missing Something

I am so happy that for the last 5 days I have had NO spotting! None, zip, nada! I have been doing the standard CSI wipe and cannot find a speck of spotting. I am so happy right now. I know that this might not be end of the road with it but it is such a relief just having it gone for a while! I am feeling pretty optimistic about the babies. We have decided to call them Mini and Moo. I am now into week 11, if you can believe that.
 
I cannot wait until my first Peri appointment next Monday. I have so many questions. My body is changing rapidly now. It certainly does appear that my demure breasts are becoming nozzles! I am starting to feel like this may actually happen. I am getting my head around it. We have made a short list of friends and family that we are going to tell after the 12 week mark. They will need time to adjust too, especially since we will be asking them for help. Most people did not even know we were trying. There will be plenty of friends that think we are out of our minds. I'm fine with that. I am happy. This is one of my life long dreams coming true. No one's opinion can rain on this parade!!
 
I can't wait to see Mini and Moo on ultrasound on Monday! I know there will be a huge difference between this scan and my last scan at 8 weeks!! I'm so excited. Plus for my own piece of mind, I need to know my other stats, urine analysis, blood pressure, blood work, etc. I have not gained more than 2 pounds after loosing 12 and I don't want to be too concerned but I need to know what the Peri thinks. I also need to know what I need in terms of my prenatals. I have been taking Trader Joe's Prenatals for the last...oh, I don't know 3 years...now I take an additional Folic acid, but I want to know their opinion about all that. I would love to see a nutritionist out of their office too.
 
I feel like I have been holding my breath for the last 11 weeks and I am ready to exhale and really start to enjoy.
 
Thank you for your comments, for the new commenters, I have gone back to your blogs and read your entire stories! For my dear DG, your experiences with early bleeding and the picture of your beautiful twins have been my focal point since the bleeding began. I drew on your experience and strength, as I have with so many of you. My heart is swelling with gratitude.

10 comments:

Sue said...

It's nice to hear some good news from you, with hopefully more to come. The 12 week ultrasound is definitely exciting - so many changes in just a few weeks!

Roni said...

I've been hoping and hoping!! I'm so thrilled to hear that things are going so well.

It is wonderful that you are so close to the 1st trimester milestone.

Lots of love and hugs :)

m said...

It definitely feels like some weight is lifting from you, Daisy and that is so great. I felt like I could breathe a bit after the 12 week mark - I think you will too. Esp. after the ultrasound. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news -- I'm so glad that things are going well.

Kristine said...

I've been waiting anxiously to see you post something! Yeah! I'm just so very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

So glad things are looking good. Hope you get some great pics of the u/s on Monday!

Kelly said...

Yay! Good for you!

LadyofAvalon56 said...

I'm so happy that you've just about made it to 12 weeks. What a breath of relief that will be!

I lurk and check in on you often..and am cheering for you always.

Kami said...

Great news! I am so excited for you.

DE Mommy said...

Congratulations!

have you seen Dr. Barbara Luke's book on twins and maternal nutrition?

It might be worth checking out:

http://www.drbarbaraluke.com/book_expecting.cfm