Sunday, October 26, 2008

Update

I have now had an ultrasound. It doesn't look good for us. My third beta came back at 12,506, but the bleeding and clotting is heavy. I had an ultrasound and it showed two little sacs. Too early to see more. Dr. Badnews told me that it is a threatened miscarriage. We have a 50% chance of surviving it. Both the sacs are high in the uterus. If the bleeding doesn't stop soon, it will become a full miscarriage.
 
I am in a strange kind of Hell. I know women who would stay positive until the bitter end. I feel dead inside.
 
I have nothing else to say.

15 comments:

m said...

oh daisy....

Cheryl said...

I am sorry that you are going through this. I had heavy bleeding gushing with clots at 7 weeks and delivered twins @ 31 weeks, almost 3 weeks ago. I know that it is hard but keep positive...

Kristine said...

Oh Daisy, this sucks.

I'll stay positive for you!

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Roni said...

I'm holding hope for you and am so sorry you are going through this. I know many women who have had the same kind of bleeding and clotting and also had successul pregnancies. Prayers coming your way.

Smiling said...

Oh I am so sorry, I will hold out hold that the right 50% odds come up in your favor. I would really like someone to get good news today. I also understand the feeling of not staying positive until the end.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to stay positive. Get through any way you can. Waiting for more news and wishing this were easier for you.

Sue said...

I'm so sorry - this is horrible news. I will be positive for you and keep you in my thoughts. I'm just so sorry you have to go through this.

DE Mommy said...

Oh, no.

Honey, just try to hang in there. I've heard that IVF women (de or regular) are very, very likely to have bad bleeding early on. I don't know of anyone who hasn't had bleeding.

So it may not be bad news.

the numbers sound good..just hang in there.

This Mom said...

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I am hoping that you get to be the OTHER 50%.

Anna said...

Oh... I am praying for you - for ALL of you. Hang in there. I hope you're one of the success stories. Everything crossed, Anna.

Kami said...

Why?! I mean, "Why you?" and "Why would it bleed like that with two sacs (seemingly) nestled in?

I had bleeding with my successful bleeding, but not that much. I was hoping to give you some positive example of how it can work.

I will be holding you in my thoughts.

Summer said...

I wouldn't know how to stay positive if I were in your situation, either. It's so much easier for me to see the glass as half empty. But, I am going to hold on to the thought that you could fall within the good 50%.

Anonymous said...

A strange kind of hell indeed, so sorry you have to go through this.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I'm glad to know your procedure was successful! Your son is wonderful boy! I wish you and your family all the best! My dh and I were ttc for a very long time. I've got pregnant in 2009 and we thought that finally our prayers were heard. Unfortunately my pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. We've lost our son and it was shocking for whole our family. I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my dh. He gave me support I needed the most. We wanted to have kids so much, it was our only dream. Living childless life wasn't a variant for us. We were thinking about adoption at first. But we wanted our child to be genetically related to our family. Still I had some doubts. My dh looked at this procedure positively. It would be his child anyway. I thought I would be just some woman, who will carry a baby. I have a fear, that everyone will notice it's not mine. I thought it will be obvious and people will talk about it... Also I watched a tv show about de ivf. Some children started to look for women, who shared eggs with these kids' mothers. That was so sad. Those mothers didn't deserve such attitude. They made everything possible their children to have all they need and even more. And here is gratitude. But as this procedure was our only solution of our problem, I made a decision to do it. I should say de ivf is a very good option. I had this procedure in 2014. I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were on seventh heaven! Our girls were born in May 2015. We used Ukrainian clinic BioTexCom. We are happy parents now! I have no regrets. As soon as I knew I'm pregnant all doubts were wiped out. We decided not to tell our daughters we used donor eggs. I think children' mind is not ready for such info. This fact will change nothing for them. The most important is to give them love and care. I consider myself as their only mother. This is everything they need to know.