Saturday, March 31, 2007

Retrieval Day

If I wasn't such a bad blogger I would be caught up with my posts. But because I am not, you will now get more of my first IVF, in retrospect.

On the day of retrieval everything went beautifully. We got to the clinic on time, relaxed, hopeful, and terrible bloated. The pain! Did anyone want to mention the pain? I'm sure someone did but I minimized it, because that's how I am.

After the procedure the doctor who did my retrieval said that they got 10 mature eggs. TEN, did you read that? TEN!! Wonderwoman and I were so happy! I knew that the subsequent days many of them would not make it to the next stage. But TEN! Really good for an old lady of 42! I was happy. I went home to enjoy the couch and wait for the fertilization report.

No comments: